Green jade - cabochon 老坑种
- The jadeite cabochon is highly translucent with dark green.
- It has very fine grains and texture. Only the top few percents of the jade have such quality.
- High quality jadeite is often carved into cabochon. There is no serious impurities or imperfections to be covered up or removed, hence the jadeite is simply carved to minimize wastage of the high quality jade material.
- A good cabochon jade has dome shape with good thickness.
- Dimensions of jade is 9.7 x 8.7 x 4.0mm (exclude setting)
- The jade ring is set with 18k white gold and diamonds. Ring size is 14. Sizing is used by China/Japan/Singapore.