Glassy Variety Jade Earrings 玻璃种
- A matching pair of highly translucent jadeite is very rare as they may still look different despite coming from the same jadeite stone.
- The cabochons are colourless and near transparent. They are glassy variety jadeite, which refers to a higher degree of transparency than an icy variety jadeite.
- They have very fine grains and texture, hence they have fluorescent (起荧光) that most jade do not have.
- High quality jadeite is often carved into cabochon. There is no serious impurities or imperfections to be covered up or removed, hence the jadeite is simply carved to minimise wastage of the high quality jade material.
- A good cabochon jade will have dome shape with good thickness.
- Dimensions of jade cabochons: 10.5 x 9.6 x 4.0mm & 10.4 x 9.4 x 4.0mm
- The jade earrings are set with 18k white gold, yellow sapphires and diamonds.